Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Fresh Start

There are very few emotions in this world that equate to the beginnings of a new project. The sense of elation when the idea sparks in your mind, that urge to continue on and press forward, and the final moment when you lean back in your chair and realize the culminations of your work, the time-old fruits of your labors moment. 

But sometimes, there are those few projects you scamper across in a flurry of emotion and sensation that drive you onward, onward to a destination you do not even realize. Those projects, those recurring ideas that can continue on for years are the ones that that draw and holdfast my attention. My gaze is not drawn to those small Pinterest projects you see everywhere (as cute/charming/simple/beautiful as they are), but my mind is drawn to the projects that spawn those Pinterest copies. My heart yearns for a following of people looking for creative projects to replicate, albeit not nearly as good as the original (the artist in me says). 

To achieve the fame of originality in this generation devoted to repurposing of old images, the slaughtering of classical quotes for our 21st Century sensibilities, and cheap thrills on youtube, to achieve the slightest fame through the originality of my mind is what I hope to accomplish. Maybe fame is too strong of a term, maybe what I seek is a moment of clarity, a moment where I realize that I did the best I could and that I can be proud of it. To be a writer as famed as J.K. Rowling and (unfortunately) Stephenie Meyer, I believe, is every fledgling author's goal, but I know that I do not have a seven book saga as detailed and fantastic as Harry Potter waiting in my mind. All I have are my own thoughts, my own musings on life mingled with my own understanding of the world around me. To me, that is enough. World-renowned? No. Self-worthy? Absolutely. 

This project is for avarice of the mind. Any blogging adventure begins with a person believing that what they have to say is worthwhile, that their project is most important. My pride drives me to write, my arrogance tells me you should read. I am proud of my words and I will stand by them, double-backs and feints are not my style. So, following that logic, I, of course, believe that you should read my postings, but to read is not enough. Read at your pleasure. Read what you will. But if you plan on only reading my postings, we are going to have a problem. I want you to look at my words, comprehend my words, taste my words, but most importantly, after all of that I want you to think on my words. Cohesively explain why I am wrong and we both become the better for it. 

On this inaugural post I will leave my extremely small reader base (me and possibly you, reader) with one last thought. A is A. Let this simple logical rule lead your life to enlightenment and illumination. There will be plenty more on that principle to come, but let it mingle and dissolve in your brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment